PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic Interview & Recruitment Questions II
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 12:37
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sam.lk7 - I'm 187 and tried 6 times to get into QF, seeing if I could slip through the cracks, and wow them with my personality! They are just too strict! I even tried getting into QF AKL, and QF LHR, but still no luck. The problem is that I believe the contracts at QF allow them to put you onto any a/c that they see fit, and this may include QF Dh8's. Obviously the chances would be slium, but might be.

I gave up on QF, and moved to England to follow my dream. I started at a Easyjet which operates A319, same as Jetstar (A320). Never any problems on that a/c. Then I moved to Virgin Atlantic, and am now living the dream of Long Haul. Asia, India, Africa, USA, Carribean, and every once in a while, I get home to sydney. Europe is desperate for crew, and they love aussies! But you need to be elgibile for an EU passport, or you can get ancestry residency, if one of your grandparents was born in the UK. Easyjet also take crew who are on working holiday visas.

Anyway, I am going to move home soon, and either fly for DJ, or try V-Australia when they start ops late next year. They do have maximums, but it's fare more generous, I think it's 190 or 195 even.

Anyway, good luck with your dreams, but don't wait around for QF to change their rules. Follow your dream, and get some experience in the industry, and if QF does drop their height limits one day, then you can try again.