PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt Lt C. D. Jenkins, RAF Aldegrove, Antrim
Old 8th Feb 2002, 17:36
uncle peter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

prepare for rant.

Flt Lt Jenkins in my opinion is a man of honour, integrity and of undoubtable courage. He chose an appropriate forum to air not only his own views but those of a substantial number of colleagues. He chose not to hide behind the shield of anonymity in order to provide credibility to his / our opinion.

with reference to your post JN i would request that you do not allow those responsible for the cowardice of hearsay to remain unaccountable.

although i perhaps do not agree with the naming of the individual, making sufficient reference so that they could be identified would not, in my opinion, be out of order.

Flt Lt Jenkins chose to waive his anonymity, perhaps knowing the disproportionate response that may attract. It is appalling that some could hide behind an "informal briefing" and "off the record" remarks to further emphasise the MoD's now untenable position.

note to those people: you are bringing shame on the service i was once proud to serve, but now cannot wait to leave.

food for thought: blair has made known his disapproval for re-opening the inquiry into the tragedy, however the slimy oik mandelson has convinced him to re-open the enquiry into the circumstances of his resignation so that he may clear his name. I despair.

rant ends.