PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt Lt C. D. Jenkins, RAF Aldegrove, Antrim
Old 8th Feb 2002, 17:36
Paul Wesson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Loyalty to the Royal Air Force and his friends, courage, honour, integrity - Jenks is doomed.

In different circumstances and for different reasons I have put my head above the parapet a couple of times. Experience shows that it can test friendships and relationships to the full. Flt Lt Jenkins will have the tacit support of a lot of people, but it will be interesting to see if any of the execs at Aldergrove will want to defend his actions to higher authority. My personal experience is that people will be washing their hands so vigorously that Co Antrim could well be out of soap before the week is out!

I don't know Jenks' current circumstances, but my experiences have left a sour taste in the mouth. The following are just a few of the things that happened to me:

a. Wg Cdr's wife 'phoned to say that her son could no longer play with our daughter, then aged 5 (you try explaining that to a tearful little girl).

b. Stn Cdr's wife tried to stop my wife running a stall at Wives' Club Xmas Fair (I kid you not).

c. Padre 'phoned to say that my family were no longer welcome at his church because he was worried about his next posting (cf Bible, 2 masters, God and Mammon).

d. 'Friends' forgot to invite us to parties, but always managed to drink our beer!

e. Shunned at school gate by wives of Sqn Ldrs and above (Claire S*****e, Moira M****y - you know who you are).

f. Personal paperwork mislaid, disappeared, delayed etc.

g. Person I bubbled for misuse of public funds promoted to CAS (I have been disclosed proof by MOD and all could well be revealed in Swindon County Court between 27th and 30th May).

The list goes on and on and on. I salute Jenks and admire his courage (and if it is the man I knew, and I think it is, I have always respected his professionalism). I just hope that his life doesn't become as difficult as mine became - if he suffers only 10% of what I've had to put up with he should count himself lucky. There are some very unforgiving people out there!

PS Owing to a recent change in the Road Traffic Act, 'Loyalty' is no longer a 2 way street. With immediate effect 'Loyalty' is a one way street with substantial traffic calming measures.

PPS There has been a technical hitch and the traffic light at the end of 'Loyalty' is stuck at red until further notice. Anybody wishing to use 'Loyalty' as a means of access to the district of 'Career Furtherance' should turn right down 'Stab in the Back Alley', make a left turn into 'Brown Nose Road' and grovel their way up to the top of 'The Heap'. Relieving the policeman on secondary duty could help smooth the journey.