PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 09:25
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys

Whirls, I think you've summed up my plans there pretty well - I am gonna wait a while and then think about taking it all on board again (I have something in the pipeline at the moment which should soon - wont say too much yet)

I've never had a bad thing to say about my club, and I hopefully never will, but one thing for sure is that they love getting the hours in for their customers (natural I guess - they are a business). I can pretty much guarantee, that when I come to re-validate by test, it will be the full works - nav and all. Now, as some have you have pointed out, you've not had to do this, however, I've never disagreed with getting experience - I just feel a little down hearted sometimes when I know they may be shafting you for cash at the end of the day, it's the CAA that make the rules and the clubs that bring the money in (I've worded that last sentence carefully there, as the CAA do make money).

Whirls - I have even considered moving to another part of the UK where I can get the 'Sleap' type of flying - we are very limited up here in the north west...

Keeping the positive vibes - onwards and upwards - I'll get there in the end

Cheers
Lee