PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 19:14
bsieker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good memories,

I'm merely an academic, and this may be more authoritatively answered by pilots or engineers, but here's what I can see:

- The Parking brake is not part of the ECAM Takeoff-Memo, neither is it in the Before-Takeoff or Takeoff standard procedures. It is, however, in the Taxi procedure, as is calling-up (if not already displayed) and checking the ECAM T.O Memo.

(I do not have appropriate documents on engine test runs, so cannot comment on the procedures at all.)

- T.O Config test button will not trigger the warning for parking brake set, setting take-off power will. The engine test here apparently was nowhere near full or reduced take-off power, so it would not have been triggered. (FCOM 1.31.15, P5, SEQ 001, REV 08)

- I cannot see any condition other than simultaneous blue hydraulic and hydraulic accumulator failure that would disengage the parking brake when it is set to "ON".

- As Jetjock330 mentioned, there are no circuit breakers in the cockpit proper, so only any of the number of engineers on board could have pulled one. Would be rather silly, but humans are known to act like that sometimes, so only official publications will tell.

Bernd

Last edited by bsieker; 2nd Dec 2007 at 20:34. Reason: Found FCOM reference for T.O Config warnings.