PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time taken to complete PPL within UK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 19:07
Mad Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRL said
Quote:
but how long it has taken individuals to gain their PPL within the UK???
Can we just not answer the question without going all around the houses for once........
Anything for you BRL

First got into a light aircraft 2 years ago.......High 80's in terms of total hours - Did my QXC Thursday - so still going - but getting there!!.

Hours include 11 1/2 hours aeros in Bulldogs and a Super Decathlon in the UK and Florida (was on holiday and couldn't resist a throw about )

The rest has been in the UK - in a Bus (Ooops sorry! -A PA28 Warrior 161 ) - apart from a quick wizz about in a Tecnam the other week.

I know I've done numerous hours which DIDN'T ADD specifically to my training..... but my poor old instructor couldn't keep me on the ground - I don't think he knows what to do with a sulking female. I'd rather be up playing.... even in the circuit .... rather than stay on the ground and save my money for better conditions.

I've been up with friends in Luscombes, Warriors and a Seneca and think I've learned a lot from watching them flying - whilst I navigated or did the RT.

I'm not doing it for an immediate career move (maybe FI one day) - I'm having great FUN & made LOTS of friends!!!!!