PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAR in Falklands
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2002, 10:28
KC-10 Driver

Post AAR in Falklands

Hey folks, I'd like your informed opinions/advice on something. . .. .A few years ago, as a follow-on to a South American mission I was scheduled to be on, I tried to arrange a stop in the Falklands to perform air refueling training with the RAF unit there.. .. .Believe it or not, it looked like the operation might have received diplomatic approval. However, it was eventually squashed due to budgetary constraints on the part of the RAF (the RAF couldn't justify paying the USAF for tanker support when there was already an RAF tanker there -- at least that's how it was explained to me).. .. .Well, when/if the world gets back to something resembling normal, I would again like to take a shot at trying to arrange this operation.. .. .Any tips for me on how to get something like this approved, particularly from the MoD/RAF side, would be greatly appreciated. Is there a particular office or agency that I would want to speak with?. .. .I've been all over the world in the Extender, but this idea seems to be just out of reach. That makes it even more appealing. Your thoughts?