PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 16:11
bsieker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Good memories
I think there could be a clue. Maybe the Alpha floor protection sensed a in flight condition with zero IAS and commanded the engines to GA thrust. I never flew an Airbus , but I'am sure many of you pilots out there know the logics of this machine.
An involuntary activation of Alpha Floor protection is exceedingly unlikely. It is inhibited before take-off, and below 100ft RA during approach, and is triggered by angle-of-attack (as a function of IAS and high-lift device configuration).

Q. Do the brakes get signals from the ground/air sensor.
Yes, they do. Normal braking is only available (among other things) if the main landing gear is in ground condition. In the air, alternate braking is active.

Either way, brake pedal deflection will give braking action, and antiskid is available with both normal and alternate braking, unless explicitly turned off by releasing brake pedals, flipping the "A/SKID & N/W-STRG" switch, and pressing the brake pedals again, or because of a number of fault conditions.

(FCOM 1.32.30, P5, SEQ 100, REV 14,
FCOM 3.02.32, P13, SEQ 001, REV 24)

Bernd