PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New bill to end the AWA's
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 12:56
Air Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxter

quote..Air Ace..."Many years ago Labour mounted a campaign against John Hewson’s GST – which Labour promptly introduced when in Government."
I acknowledged my failing memory:

Yes, my error, my apologies. PAF is correct - originally a Keating concept, proposed by Hewson.
You may well ask about the fact that my teenage kids worked for a popular food chain and were payed to the exact minute of any time finished before roster end but would not get paid for any time worked after roster end. I was prepared to take this up with the thief of an owner but was persuaded not to by my kids as when complaints were made by others they just stopped giving them shifts. I can document a number of other instances of what I call exploitation by employers.
Are you suggesting this is exclusively a product of WorkChoices and never happened under the previous antiquated Award system??????

Workchoices was a great principle if the world is perfect. Unfortunately it is also full of people willing to exploit others for their own greed. This applies to employees as well as employers.
Second and third sentence: Are you suggesting this is exclusively a product of WorkChoices and never happened under the previous antiquated Award system??????

Anyway the election is over and Rudd & co will make changes as outlined in their policies and I am confident that all will be well in 3 years time. If not they will get a very short term at the top.
In that we agree!!