PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Jet
Thread: Sea Jet
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 12:41
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vec'

I vaguely remember an idea of hanging Sea Eagles on helo's, but I'm not surprised you thought it heavy for such an aircraft - what about launch velocity / engine start, did it need rocket boosters ?

I was talked over the weapon ( & have the tie, what more proof could there be ?! ) and it was a generation or two ahead of Exocet - might still be going if we'd got some person regarded naughty blown up with one.

Now I say that, I can think of a certain group of UK service people who might have appreciated a Sea Harrier, with the options of guns & Sea Eagle, handy quite recently ! Yes WEBF " help yourself there's plenty of trade for everyone !"

No stranger to the 'Freugh, spent months at a time there ( many a happy time at the Crown Hotel, PortPatrick ) - the photo' unit were a good bunch, I hope Kenny & the rest have found good homes; I understand it's a range only, no landing or hosting aircraft now.

You probably know the place was modelled on Penemunde, complete with nabbed Nazi kit - the kine-theodolite camera cupolas had painted-over embossed swastikas !