PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What future has British Military Parachute Training?
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 08:24
sapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
akula
Ps. A very strange 1st post, with some pointed criticism, almost like a lazy journalist trolling for some easy column inches

My first post and bang a slight wagging finger. Please be assured that journalism falls way short in my none existent skill bank, as correctly pointed out by “charliegolf”. My public profile should give you a clue regard the few skills I do still retain, I’m proud that at 62 I’m still of value in a public life saving environment.

Back to my original post, any reduction or cessation in Para training affects in addition to the Army Parachute Regiments, RAF personal. The highly skilled flight crews and loadmasters, all the staff at the ParachuteTraining School, Weston-on-the-Green Staff & of course the Red Falcons Display Team. Most replaceable some may say by cheaper to employ civilian staff but sadly once these skills have gone it’s nigh impossible to bring them back should the need ever arise. I hope it never happens but that me.
spr