PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 2nd Dec 2007, 04:16
AWE2USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are priceless! I'm glad I'm not the only one to have these things happen...

Well two really embarassing moments come to mind.

The first was more embarassing to the poor gent I did it too...

I was B F/A on a 737-300 working in the aft galley. We were well into our flight and had about another hour to go so I was sitting on my jumpseat reading. Now the lavs on our 73's are quite pungent and I routinely bring along some deodorant spray to help alleviate the smell. Well I was heavily engrossed in my reading when I was overcome by a wave of stench coming from the lav so I simply reached into my bag, grabbed the can of deodorant, reached around behind me (I didn't even look first), opened the door and sprayed a hefty amount of spray.... right onto this poor man who had forgotten to lock the lav who promptly let out a rather unhappy cry... I was dumbfounded... I just held my hand there for a moment having never encountered this situation and completely unsure what the proper thing to do was. I just removed my hand closed the door and promptly went up to the forward galley to try and explain what had happened... My crew nearly wet themselves laughing at me.

The second was a personal disaster I still get cold sweats remembering... I was the middle F/A on, again, a 737 and we had just finished up boarding. I REALLY had to use the lav and decided to do so quickly before we started the demo. I finished up and took my position at overwing. During the demo I noticed several people in the aft rows giggling and being disruptive to the point it was about to ask them to stop when I noticed where their attention was directed too... In my haste to take my position I had forgotten to zip up my fly and was flashing my privates to the aft cabin. I nearly died right there... thankfully I was wearing my jacket and closed it in a vain attempt to regain what little dignity I had left... thankfully we were only going PHX to LAS... but it was the longest 45 minutes of my life!!

More stories!!!