PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 23:52
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're seeing different things! You are watching a nice little regional airport, convenient for the city, nice little terminal etc from a passenger point of view. Cute little place. I am seeing a runway and local terrain, and local weather, and expansion limited possibilities, all of which are dreadful. I don't think any of you appreciate from an operational flying point of view what a turkey it is. It will never take longhaul- you cannot safely get flights to Florida or Karachi off this place, whichever way you try and stretch the runway (there is only one way). I've just tried to say that there is no point throwing good money after bad, but throw it they will, for political and erroneous commitment reasons. I think it is a disastrous step, but when I see people talking LBA here all the time, it needs a voice to say now and then what a turkey the place really is, and it's overdue for the chop. But then you get accused of being a southerner being rude.

There you are. It will be interesting watching as this place sucks up investment and curiouosly goes nowhere! And people will be bemused as to why it went wrong. It cannot be expanded to the level needed.