PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Companies with EU, US, Asian Bases?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 23:10
747flyby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Companies with EU, US, Asian Bases?

I dont understand as I read from my collegues that Gulf airlines are suffering from crew shortage and fatique. They have lots of unhappy crewmembers and in many cases unhappy families living in the GULF.
No secondary education for their children. There is a common crew shortage in the world. Experienced crew are hard to find because there is a competition between the airlines. What is the reason they give for not opening crew bases in other continents like ANA, Cathay, Oasis and other companies. They would solve lots of problems with that only. Happier crews who get to stay at home and with children in schools in their home country in touch with their own friends and families. They pay housing allowance in the Gulf countries where rent and price of accomodation is on the rice due to high demand. If you live at home there is no housing allowance. Im sure its a financial issue. They would solve many problems by letting crews live at home. More recruitment and people would stay longer. Now if you stay out of many european countries more than 180 days you are practicaly tax free anyway.

Would someone give me a sane answer please.