PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmen Aircrew Upper A Limit
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2002, 03:26
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AG,. . Possibly one or two to many sherbets at happy hour young man. If you were paying any attention to the thread you would have picked up on the advice being offered as to the general feel for life at Kilo, not Lossie. These are two very differant kettles of fish in that the pointy people have an escape path from Lossie whilst the kipper fleet are pretty much stuck at kilo for life, which was the advice being offered to Jaap as he tries to make a momentous decision about his future. So you can probably imagine how impressed he is to know that despite all the drawbacks he has had related him as regards Kilo at least he can fall back on the promise of a good kebab to see him through!!. .. .Jaap fella,. . Although already serving as a aircraft techie I went ALM at the age of 31 without a single O/A level to my name. I spent 10 years on the Puma and am now at Lyneham on the "J". I was offered, as are most AA because of numbers etc, AEOP but it really was'nt for me but that is not to say the job is not a good one. I have enjoyed my time as an ALM and with 10 years to go my 55 point can see no reason not to see my time out. Make sure you have a good look at all your options and go with what ever floats your boat and I am sure you will enjoy the life style. Just pray that along the way you never have to meet AG or his ilk.. .. .Best of luck.. .. .AG are you really surprised that the locals became argumentative in your company?. .. .all spelling mistakes are alcohol induced