PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 1st Dec 2007, 16:12
bsieker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by forget
Correct carholme The blue arrow is the first useable reference point we've seen here. These will show actual positions.
Incorrect.

Originally Posted by carholme
This helicopter photo clearly shows the arrow in the centre of the pan, indicating that the a/c did not wind up at the red line position as described in post # 108. Looks like it travelled almost directly across the pan.
I have inferred the correct position as early as post #118. Markings on the wall were perfectly usable references to the position. My post seems to have been largely ignored, except by CONF iture, maybe because I did not draw a big colored bar to indicate the aircraft position. I left that exercise to the readers.

The skid marks seem to be consistent with the ones seen in post #250, where they have been compressed by an long telephoto lens. On both photos they seem to end under the wing between the innermost and the second pylon.

Judging the offset from the engine scratch marks they appear to have come from the center gear.

Bernd