PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 13:37
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mick, my question concerned the announced date of the 2nd BoI presentation on the 5th of December. I am aware that the families were informed of the date of the BoI on the 4th, in good time. Last I heard yesterday, the 2nd presentation had not been programmed. The families will be told first. The option being a trip to London or an individual briefing. I merely questioned why the initial BoI presentation was not taking place at Kinloss. Once again, it appears that TD has had to make his presence felt. There is an enormous advantage having the full BoI team in the same room presenting their findings. The AAIB rep also has a very big part to play. I am relieved that the BoI team and CAS will now be going to Kinloss. There are likely to be many questions people will want to ask after the presentation. It is not the same to have an individual briefing by an officer from the RAF, with the option of submitting a written question and waiting for a written reply in the post. For a while, it looked as though the families, friends and former colleagues would not be able to ask searching questions up at Kinloss, where the crew were based.

As regards the press. I have spoken to several former colleagues in recent days, who are taking the view that this looks like a damage limitation operation, from the outside.