PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Warbirds
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 11:00
2OTU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I personally had a great deal to do with the museum back then and since it's close I'm still very much involved with the 2OTU museum that now exists in the old head quarters building oh and the "Old Bugger" has gone back to new Zealand !
I do entirely agree with what has been said here and it's such a shame to see what has come of the whole thing to this day .
the comments made regarding the gun butts being removed are not quite justified as at the time before their removal myself and alot of other people felt very much the view remarked here , but those structures were made of sandstone and were becoming very unstable , so inorder to keep things safe had to be demolished.
I do have a very heavy heart though when I think what has become of the old Airbase as far as what has been preserved and all the remains now is the old head quarters building ,1 bellman hangar, and some very dry remains of the old parade grounds! What frustates me more so is no one seems to give a damn !!
Anyone when next in Mildura make a point to come and visit the museum and please dig deep and make a donation !!