PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which path to follow ? EASA or CASA
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 10:34
Twitter n Bisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

To do or not to do.
My question is should I continue the CASA exams or just stick with this new EASA system? What would be my benefits either way? Should I just try for a license under the old CASA system and update it on the grandfather rule?
A qualification is a qualification. GET all you can
Do the current basics then get as many licences as you can. I know the basics are a pain and now costly but many people have done the lot in a couple of sittings ( I did). Then go to the USA and pass the FAA A & P while your brain is still fresh with the knowledge and claim the holiday as a tax deduction.

Many operators will remain or stay with the old system for as long as they can as change usually has a cost involved.
An example while not pertinent to your side of the industry is QF will keep its current fleet 767 737 744 747 under the old system ICAO type 2 and anything new will be EASA 100.66 style. e.g. A380 787 etc.
It looks like you are going to receive all the new EASA type training at tafe so you will have both, win win.
I have to go back and do the new training as the grand father clause will not give me a direct cross over to the new system. Even with my elec experience I need to do more plus human factors etc etc
If you are really keen do the correspondence course Diploma in aviation thru Newcastle Uni so you don't have to do it when you are at my age, bitter n twisted