PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX cadet pilot programme interview in november
Old 1st Dec 2007, 10:20
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage 1 interview

well they start off by outlining the interview rundown. they told me specifically that this interview was going to focus on HR questions and technical subjects would be avoided... then they started off by asking me about my degree - what my degree is about, my choice to study in australia etc. their questions will be based according to what you put on your CV and application, so be sure to take a close look at it before you go.

they then asked me particularly about my math grades, because my math grades are not pretty. i had to do some explaining and attention diverting but that was nothing serious.

then they asked me what planes cadets fly in ADL, what licenses do cadets graduate with, what is the role of an S/O in cathay... but they did not ask the "conventional" questions of identifying the aircraft on the tarmac or on the photo on the wall. i was also asked about how i prepared for the CPP selection process.

finally the interview wrapped up with a few questions of my own, the entire duration was around 25 minutes.

a few tips for future Stage 1 applicants:

1. the interviewers will keep straight faces and occasionally cast unfriendly looks towards you. don't let this put you off, keep cool and focus on answering them the best you can.

2. the interview is very background specific so there are no "must-ask" questions... it all depends on what you've done before. just keep cool, be yourself and answer TRUTHFULLY.

3. keep concentrating on the interview. the room has a huge window facing the south runway and the view of aircraft taking off is simply spectacular... so it is very tempting to look outside while you're supposed to be talking to the interviewers.

basically this interview is to let them get to know you, and for you to convince them that you're serious about applying for the CPP and becoming an airline pilot. you should be fine after that, although it should seem ironic i should say that, since i haven't received any word from them yet!

good luck to all of you out there!!