PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2007, 09:01
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
defenceheadquarters

Robin, thank you for the explanation but with respect, when has the MOD ever gone to such lengths over releasing the results of a BoI? have never heard of such a thing, ever; and whilst things such as the Chinook loss certainly got to Parliament, I cannot ever remember such things as a 'lock in' at the MOD or a statement in the House of Commons on such a thing. If I am wrong, then I apologise unreservedly, but I would be grateful if you would enlighten us as to when this has ever occurred before please?

One thing is for sure, it has never been the case where PPrune has been used as the media for the MOD to announce things, I'm certain of that.

Clearly, some of those who stated earlier on that PPrune had no 'say' on things (or something along those lines) must now surely be feeling a little bit silly. Likewise, I think that the likes of AC Ovee, Magners Drinker, SFO and all the others that have knocked and ridiculed the rest of us on this thread for persueing the truth should come on here and say sorry.

Does anyone think for a second that we would have got this far without the likes of TD, and those of us on this forum? I think not. Does anyone think the SoS would be making a statement on the loss of an aircraft without all this public debate? Hardly.

To everyone who has fought on PPrune and elsewhere to get to the bottom of this tragedy, and to keep it in the public eye with questions, comments and sceptisism, you should all be, rightly, very proud of yourselves.

To TD and all the families. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all next week, and I hope you find the answers to what you are looking for. I hope that someone will, at last, have the courage to stand up and be counted.

To CAS, ACAS and AOC, I hope you all find the courage to do the honourable thing gentlemen.

The Winco