PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA accreditation
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2001, 06:00
Marine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I found an email soliciting my thought on another thread, one that received appropriate consideration and has died.

I know a Harrier exchange pilots have taken FAA ATP, FE, and commercial instrument exams on our mil. equivalency program. I’m not sure how it would apply to most of you here as the exchange pilots were stationed CONUS and had their various logs and records converted to U.S. mil equivalents.

I only had a brief conversation with an exchange Harrier driver and he was under the impression that the FAA license was acceptable in England.

The computer based tests have a data base of 1600 to 2000 questions with 200 to 500 on the computer generated tests (going from memory of only a couple? of years ago). The tests are very easy, far easier than any military written flight test. The only questions I had to try and memorize were legal crew duty days, cabin crew quals depending on acft. nationality, routes, etc. The helo aero was pretty basic as was the trans/super sonic aero.

The flight test standards were less than our first safe for solo check ride in primary flight.

Just some general info. in case it helps out.