PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Realistic Time to obtain Licenses/Ratings
Old 1st Dec 2007, 06:04
AviatorSteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realistic Time to obtain Licenses/Ratings

*FIRST POST* here goes...

Hi, I'm a 21 year old Uni Student in Mississauga, ON.

I'll be graduating next semester and plan on working for a year (to store some cash) and commence flight training approx. around April 09'

I have done a bit of research so far and currently have decided that I'm going to get all my licenses and ratings at the Brampton Flight School.

My question: Assuming money is not a factor (I'll be using saved money and a loan)...How long is a realistic time frame to get my PPL, CPL, ME & IFR ratings?? I'll be going 'fulltime' seeing as I won't be working (unless maybe part-time, if at all) or in school...I easily see myself being at the airport all day, 4+ days a week. I am very passionate about being a pilot, it's been my ultimate ambition since 6 years old, and I am quite an intellect (not to sound cocky, I'm doing biology in school). Anyways the point is I'm confident I have the 'drive and the aptitude', and I'll be there often 4+ days a week....so......

If anyone could give me a rough timeframe of how long it will take to acquire each license/rating, including factors like inclement weather etc., (assuming my learning curve was 'average') and/or how long it took you guys and other pilots you know I would REALLY appreciate it, I'm just trying to figure out roughly how long I'm looking at this phase of life..coming off 4 years of university you get kinda eager to experience life aloft!

Thanks in advance, Steven.

Fast Life, Fly High.