PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish MD-83 Crash
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 23:33
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Skydrol Leak's comment was pretty astute.
Look at the IHT photo of part of the wreckage at
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/11/30/europe/plane.php
If he she turns out to be right, I hope those who trashed himher for the brief observation will have the grace to apologise.
PBL

Well up till now I hadn't even bothered to read Skydrols post. But since you didn't quote it I think that what I quoted below might be what you are referring.

According to the pictures from crash site ,looks like a slow speed impact, maybe stall due to engine out while on final or some kind of troubleclose to the ground. Definately low altitude thing....any news on crew reporting any difficulties during final???
Rumors and news are fine with me and what I expect to read here, with attribution of course.

Discussion of said rumors and news is also fine with me and pretty much anything goes. However, opinions expressed are also subject to minute vetting and on this subject Skydrol deserves his time in the barrel of fish.
IMO we should not be instigating a popularity poll regarding who got what right and when.

Guesses are one thing and regardless of who says them I can read right by them. Guesses backed up by reasoning are what I spend more time about and I believe that the reasoning (not necessarily the conclusion) is worth a discussion. So for me I vote for no points for a guess right or wrong. For credible reasoning we don't even have to wait for the final report to judge that.

I am a strong believer that if one jumps to a conclusion on an accident cause without passing through 2 or more probable layers of things that went wrong then I call it a guess and not worthy of discussion or any kind of vote of confidence in the poster.

I do however support postulations followed by questioning of supporting facts, and this I believe was included at end in Skydrols post.
I also have no problem with an initial comment about it looks like low/high speed impact, for that is just and opinion observation of a visual fact.
However his interpretation of his visual observations pointing to an engine failure and a stall condition leading to the crash itself stuns me as being without any further support and in my view is a WAG be it right or wrong