PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 22:49
Smile!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well flybe only is doing domestic routes (Granted every domestic route baby does). There is still a large foreign operation for baby to grow, and expand. There are really though, only a few more viable outes they could operate, BCN comes to mind, and one or two others.

Noticed GVA has got good booking figure from CWL
Not suprised, all the TV adverts they have had on ITV recently, good market there, but I wonder how much all those adverts cost?

Edit to add-

BMIBABY insisted today that it was ready for a flights war with rivals Flybe – and were confident passengers in South Wales would stick with the airline.

“We’re 30 per cent cheaper than Flybe, operate jet airliners and provide good quality and reliable service. Why would people want to pay high fares?” declared commercial director David Hodge.

He was reacting after Flybe announced earlier this week that it was starting services to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle from March 30 offering greater frequency but using smaller capacity aircraft than bmibaby.

Flybe also has plans to expand in 2009 to provide services to Brussels and French provincial cities.

Mr Hodge said: “I had a little chuckle when I read the Echo about Flybe’s plans to come in with these services. Our fares start at £18.99, compared to £24.99.

“We’ve been a big success story for South Wales, bringing jobs in support services as well as indirectly at the airport.

“Flybe is basing its aircraft in Glasgow and Edinburgh, not adding any value to South Wales.

“We’re the big boys with 13 destinations and 2.5 million passengers have taken advantage of our low-cost services since we came into Cardiff in 2002. We will have a little bit of a battle but we don’t see them as competition. They haven’t been at Birmingham where we have a good track record.

“I’m confident our South Wales customers will stick with us.”
Source-
http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/...1466-20180775/

Last edited by Smile!!!; 30th Nov 2007 at 23:46.