PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 21:55
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I resided in Calverley. I was based for about 4 months flying out of Leeds last year in Boeing 737s. I have flown for 36 years. I know my air transport. I know a pig in a poke. What number of postings I make are of no interest, it's a deflection away from the subject being discussed of what a lunatic airport this is, hard to get to, unpleasant to land at, and so far past its sell by date it's not true. Boring it may be, but as a taxpayer, I really do not want any of my money thrown at an insurmountable problem because of local vested interests.

The sooner we all admit that we would be beter off starting elsewhere, the happier and safer I'll feel, because this place is nasty and unpleasant, perched on top of a hill, subject to crosswinds and low cloud. It's anti-social with an approach over the city centre, it's got a runway that is a joke, public transport is a joke, it's badly located. Does it have anything to recommend it? Not a thing. You may not like the message, but no amount of talking the place up will make it acceptable for anything larger than a 737. Even 757 ops are frankly pushing it, and as for Tristar.......