PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Black Pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 19:59
nugpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAX – more than 30 new intakes, in the past year. Apart from Cadets, which the company benefits from because of subsidized training costs and reduced salaries, how many non-whites have they hired?
Interviewed several but most were never called back and I know a couple of them that have started or will be starting at Comair soon.
I am impressed that you call these facts. By your own admission you are not with SAX, so you cannot possibly know what happens there. Do you seriously want to tell me that a state owned airline with almost exclusively black management (and they are doing extremely well with the airline) will not take suitably qualified black pilots?

How would you know what pilots score at SAA interviews? That info is not freely available and what you heard over a beer does not constitute a fact.

BTW, SAX does not benefit from subsidised training costs. SAA pays for any extra training over what a normal pilot at SAX would require. The costs to SAX to get a cadet on line is actually a bit more than it is to get a normal FO on line, because SAX needs to put a 3rd pilot on the flight deck for the first 25 sectors that the cadets fly, in case the training captain is incapacitated.

I just love all the "facts" from the uninformed peanut gallery...........