PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Black Pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 19:31
Alternative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys….stop blaming AA for screwing up your career….Had it not been for AA, I doubt any person of colour would even be given a chance in this industry in SA.

One need only look at the stats of companies that have been hiring in the past year…

SAX – more than 30 new intakes, in the past year. Apart from Cadets, which the company benefits from because of subsidized training costs and reduced salaries, how many non-whites have they hired?
Interviewed several but most were never called back and I know a couple of them that have started or will be starting at Comair soon.

Link – Same story

Comair – The only reason that they have hired a handful of non – whites is because of Government pressure and this after 13 years….Hopefully, they will have their first non – white Commander in the new year.

SAA – Well, one need only look at surnames of the last 24 odd individuals that were hired this year and you will find 4/24 are non whites and yes, the rest are all very very white…..even though there are dozens of cadets at the feeders that have the necessary experience to join.
Its remarkable to note that on the last selection, a non white individual scored the highest during the selections……He is still not at SAA!!!

Mango/1time – Nil in their entire fleet.

There you have it, even though there are several non-whites that are P1 rated on Medium Turbo Props flying for the Quilla’s, NAC’s and Solenta’s……(And you can be rest assured, coming from people that have had the privilege of sharing a cockpit with them, these individuals have proven themselves as being more than capable pilots and commanders. I am also sure that people reading these forums can verify the above)….
Many of them are not even given a second glance from SA airlines and are still marginalized whilst individuals with half their experience are sitting in cushy airline jobs.

These are facts………Now I will wait for the onslaught!