PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Show me the money! AA pilots opener ;-)
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 19:14
KC135777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA pilot's wages, right now, are slightly worse than 1992 wages. The 51% increase represents 1992 wages, CPI adjusted (@ 2.68%/year).

In 2003, 23% pay cut turned out to be 35-40%+ paycut, as NB captains & 777 FOs displaced to 767/S80 FOs, etc... vacation & sick days were converted to a ****ty 'hours' system, resulting in much loss too.

Since 1992, top management's compensation packages have skyrocketed 700+%.

B-Scale? AA pilots were NOT the first B-Scale in the US. I believe it was Piedmont, or possibly another carrier.

The CEO, Gerard Ourpay (Arpey), trumpeted "Pull Together-Win Together"....sorry, he failed to "walk the walk", and enriched himself and others to the tune of a 1/4 billion dollars in bonuses over the last 1 1/2 years.

AA pilots are pissed, and want full restoration of purchasing power. Flying 100 hours/month to "make more money" will NOT be the solution.

If they try piecing the company apart, via sales...or manipulate the AE sale next year to the "financial" boys/hedge funds, etc... and turnaround and AE buys AA, or whatever union busting/concessionary pushing tactic they want to try--AA pilots will walk, period.

APA isn't a company union anymore. Our leadership is in place.

411A, "go pound sand"? I don't think so.

KC