PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best & Worst Mil Aviation Film and Why
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 16:20
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vulcan 607

Steamchicken,

I take it that's a wish, not some upcoming gen', about a film of 'Vulcan 607' ?

I'm halfway through it & enjoying it very much; would all writers please take note, even non-pilots want DETAIL about engineering, systems & what the thing's actually like to fly, right down to the smells !

We all like to take the 'P' out of Top Gun, photographers like me point out how the filtration changes from scene to scene - but the fact is it was an epic piece of co-operation by the US Navy, who I imagine got their investment handsomely repaid in recruitment etc.

Compare that to the bloody pitiful efforts we Brit's have managed, like 'Warship' and the ghastly 'Squadron' - I remember a GR3 putting warning Matra rockets either side of a target car in a single salvo - " Good Shooting Sir !"

I don't really buy into this gay thing, seems to me a little industry has grown up discussing this, in the same way students seem to get grants studying whether beer, chocolate & ice cream are nice to consume.

That's not a veiled inference of any kind either, I strictly bat for the conventional team though try to say ' Good Luck' to others as long as they don't harm anyone - God one can't say anything nowadays...

If Ridley Scot can make Aliens etc, and we can manage expensive bolleaux like 007, ( BTW my monicker refers to Dick Dastardly's car, I cringed when I thought people reckoned me a 007 fantasist ) surely there's an epic film waiting to be made about the Falklands - and we're mature enough now to see both sides' views, the Argentines made some fantastic efforts too - trailer launched Exocet for a start...