PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nationwide grounded
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 10:15
Fliterisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so its all a conspiracy theory then... BUT...

What if the CAA are correct? They are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

The rumours of NTW losing the engine at FACT are going wild and depending on who you speak to maintenance comes up more than once. This, in addition to the maintenance rumours of the airline in general, I am inclined to side with the CAA. What if there were fatalities in CT... would everyone be singing a different tune????

Timing aside, how would you feel if there was an accident and the CAA decided to leave it until after Christmas? So the CAA did it now... when is the right time exactly?

We bitch and moan when we have a CAA who does nothing, and now we bitch and moan when they ground an airline which in their opinion may be unsafe due to maintenance issues.
This forum is full of moaning about airlines / charter company's. Maintenance comes up more than once, and I dont think anyone has been immune. Why moan when the CAA may be doing something right - IRRESPECTIVE of the motives... and timing.

Just spoken to a mate of mine who works at NTW. Writing was on the wall, the perception is that it was inevitable, and the feeling is that they are surprised that it took this long... good luck to all pilots and staff...