PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cabin Crew - Wannabees & Recruitment
Old 30th Nov 2007, 01:18
SallyFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading through this whole thread and even though it is fun to talk about things that we don't know a whole lot about yet and make judgement I just wanted to clear a few things up so discussions can be a little clearer.

I received the Team Jetstar contract (before change of Govt) and it is not and was never an AWA. It is a common law contract, so the change of Government will have absolutley no impact on it whatsoever (no doubt the contigency plan they had in place from the start).

Yes the conditions are poor, I had a look at it against the Long Haul AWA and it seems to be virtually identical. It looks as though they are trying to get everyone on the same conditions so perhaps they can use the crew to operate either?

The benefits are still the same, same staff travel etc.

Also, if you read the papers, Qantas have gone down exactly the same route and created Qantas Cabin Crew Australia to achieve exactly the same result but thats for another thread.

Doubt I'll be accepting it but people really need to make their own minds up as to whether they will be...satisfied working under those conditions and having banter about Team Jetstar AWA's that never existed does not help those people.

Please don't all jump down my throat as many seems to like doing, just wanted to put what I know out there, just like you.