PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saying "Degrees" after hdg
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2007, 00:16
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was in CHIRP recently and I followed it up with the issue of 'Millibars' being mentioned with pressure settings above 1000 mbs - which CAP 413 does not require.

At the moment, there are double standards between ATCOs and Flight Crew since NATS 'Best Practice' is not identical to CAP413 which is what us pilots use.

We are told in CAP413 that degrees should only be used after headings that end in Zero however NATS deem that all headings should end in degrees and are putting pressure on the CAA to bring it in as a nationwide policy. Also it seems that new NATS Aerodrome controllers fresh from Bournemouth are using Millibars after any pressure setting - regardless of what it is. I don't have a problem with that but what I do find confusing is what do we read back? As a pressure setting should we be reading back 'QNHXXXX Millibars' when CAP 413 says that we don't need to if the value is 1000 mbs or more.

What do we tell our First Officers to say? Are we now in times when crew should now be reading MATS Part 1 rather than CAP413 for guidance?