PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 19:35
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't think Dunlop were that STOOOPID!!!

A reply from Agusta. AB139Engineer was right. That is frickin dumb. They are working on it, and they also have a fix for the rotor brake actuators. Here is part of the answer I received from Agusta:

"At present date only Dunlop tyres P/N DR9837T and P/N DR8941T have been qualified for the AB139/AW139, both on the same rating.

We are already evaluating the opportunity to qualify a different vendor for the same loads and ply rating (10 PR), but I do not have a forecasted date for this action at the moment. Any qualified alternative for the future will however be included in the IPD as soon as approved.

Regarding alternative Dunlop Aircraft Tyre resellers, our Spares department confirms that Agusta is the sole distributor for these tyres. According to our commercial agreements with the Vendor they can not be purchased from other Dunlop Aircraft Tyre resellers".

So, they are saying that they are working on other vendor tyres. The 9837T is the original tyre for the mainwheel. the 8941T is and "improved" tyre that has a different cross section, and is supposed to last longer. Haven't seen one yet, we still have about a dozen of the old style to get through first!