PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 18:57
Sylvestria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alina,
I'll tell u what I know. I'm due to join at the 9th of dec, so it's not a firsthand story... I've been reading several swedishs girls diaries on the net (I'd provide the link for u 2 read it urself, but it's in swedish).
As I know there will be 6 weeks of training. HARD weeks with studies 7-22 5 days a week. Alot 2 memorise... There is 3 parts in the training; safety, medical and service. There will be several tests and if u fail (under 80% correct) u will have 2 retake that part without pay. After passing there will be a graduation ceremony and off we go! First there's 2 flights where u just observe, and then the normal work starts. The roster seems 2 be pretty varied, with both lang-haul and turnovers... Work abt 15-20 days per month.
Hmm.. What else? Oh, accomadation will be provided by the company. During training in a hotel and then later in shared apts...
Salary is good, not so good during training though. But enough 2 survive.
Grooming is strict during training and working.... There seem 2 be abt 1000 rules abt makeup and clothes, but they will give u the information in the interview.
Flight attendants are also treated as VIP in Abu Dhabi with discounts and so on...
Anything else ur wondering abt?

Everyone, feel free 2 correct me if I'm wrong abt smthn!