PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia's 'smooth' landings
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 17:27
Chrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My oh my, I've gone for a few days rest and look at all the misleading posts that has surfaced.

Newbie, it's amazing how many times you've typed my name in one single thread. I feel so honored you think of me so highly. Somehow you would like to direct these incidents for me to answer and impress your internet daddy but you should probably try to firstly understand that incidents happen in all airlines everywhere so I don't have go to any specifics. A look at the other threads in these forums would prove that incidents/accidents happen to both low cost and also full service airlines. But surely everyone sets out flying everyday working towards making it a safe one. We all have families that love us.

For the case in point I would like to thank Raj Merlion for revealing that hard landings did occur with MH pilots in control some time back. But unlike the newbie I do not seek to generalize. We do not know the prevailing conditions when an incident occurs to a fellow professional pilot. We just learn from them as much as we can if it did occur so we can avoid it ourselves.

Now for those Aseana landings those were senior TRIs mind you (if it was true). What do you expect from a junior S/O in line training after being rushed through basic training when MAS cadets get the priority to graduate? It was an isolated case and a tricky one especially if newbie, you understand the workings of a FBW aircraft. Maybe in (I hope) a decade when you're in control of a FBW aircraft you'll understand about FBW and how dodgy it is to take over at the very last minute.

So much for the all 320's KLIA line
I reiterate again AK KUL operations are all A320s currently. The B737s still come in daily from KCH, JHB, BKI, CGK and BKK hubs. Being so long in the industry you should be able grasp a thing or two about logistics shouldn't you Woobly? Why would I lie about something that is open for everyone to see? If you have so much trouble believing me maybe you should look in the mirror and tell yourself 100 times "I have a hard time believing Chrome because I bull**** other people all the time". That would be a good start to improve your indifference attitude.

I don't need to comment further about those pictures as we all know AK B737s do land in KUL daily but they came from the hubs. Whatever.

Last edited by Chrome; 29th Nov 2007 at 18:13. Reason: Spelling