PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 13:05
MARKEYD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have to agree with whats been said , yep its very disappointing when an airport looses routes and airlines cut back but this is the nature of the game and always will be .
Bournemouth has come a long way over the past few years and no doubt will continue to do so with minor hic ups along the way i am sure .
Its great that we are finally having a new terminal built and that its started finally this winter , its been a long time in the planning but at least its started
Domestic routes from Bournemouth are needed but not of the 737 capacity and Flybe would look well to look at this to compliment there route network from Southampton not to disadvantage it . If not Flybe then prehaps Air Southwest might want to have a look at this . Euroscott , Jet 2 all had good loads but wrong aircraft type .
I am sure as well that Ryanair will jump in soon at the Alicante route and increase this to a daily flight even given the success of there Gerona route . Interesting times ahead i think but there are always going to be a few set backs !