PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2007, 01:53
Polorutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To whoever said that there is no IR training, you are wrong, you are trained to get an FAA IR, you are also trained to be a FAA CFII together with all the European licences (but the IR), the only thing that makes the IR impossible to get ANYWHERE outside europe is that the test MUST be legally made inside european airspace.

So there, instructing might not help you calculate the entry to a hold but your FAA IR will...

EFT is a GOOD school, I have first hand experience with it and I don't agree with most negative comments about it, yes, it's a school that wants to make money, you will however get as much as you put into it, both money and effort, when I was there earlier this year getting my JAA PPL there were a lot of students complaining about the planes going tech or the bad weather... it happens EVERYWHERE, there were other types of complaints about the pricing etc... but that is part of the game, there are no "hidden" costs... you get the story straight from the beginning, you MIGHT get your licences in minimum time but usually it takes a little bit more, it's the way it works.

*EDIT* The fact that they only had one aircraft for the CPL test and many many students waiting for a test was definitely an issue and I hope it's fixed by now.