PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 19:26
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Fed up, thank you for your contribution and your maiden post. I hope you understand that I am not belittling it in any way when I say that I could not have imagined any professional aviator having any other view. Clearly I am wrong, for contrary views have already been expressed! At the very least that is surely a strong argument for an Airworthiness Authority that would enforce the fitting of TCAS, if for no other reason than to save people from themselves as well as saving the innocent victims of such macho foolhardiness. If the views expressed questioning Nige's campaign to get TCAS fitted to MR2 are in any way typical of attitudes on that fleet, then there is a very grave problem indeed. Kit only needs money and the will to get it fitted, changing a gung ho philosophy of "the Mk1 eyeball is all you need" takes much much more effort. I am alarmed at the revelation that basic reporting within the RAF Flight Safety system, whether via F760A or F765B, has been severely curtailed for perhaps in excess of 10 years for 'cost saving' reasons. I see a direct correlation between that and the Airworthiness deficiencies reported in this thread. I now wonder if it has not also incubated a generation of aviators who see those like myself who believe in the critical importance of a healthy and viable Flight Safety system in the RAF as mere milksops.