PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DA42 Musings......... (Split from another thread and Merged with older thread)
Old 28th Nov 2007, 18:59
wsmempson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure that in this case this is about "bullying someone into silence" - more that it is about telling someone with the hide of a Rhino when he is talking bollocks that it might be time to listen rather than talk.

I'm all for freedom of speech - and for goodness sake this is an open forum - but when someone is wrong, has been told that they're wrong (and why they're wrong) over and over again - a bit of plain speaking is called for.

3 yellows is on the same field as me and owns and runs a DA42; He seems to be making sense and I at least know that he flies an aeroplane. Sternone, on the other hand, claims to be a ppl student in Belgium (which may or may not be true) and has a track record of sending some of the nastiest PM's to people that I've ever seen. For all I know, he may be a "care in the community patient" - or he might be Bob Davey in disguise.

In an earlier post he thought all DA42's were rubbish because they didn't have a central armrest; Now he doesn't like them because they are terribly unsafe....

If I were in his boots I'd probably try to listen more and transmit less - but for some reason this isn't happening. He might be a great bloke - if only we could find out?