PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 15:49
Boslandew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seldomfit forpurpose
Many thanks for your reply
I'm not trying to make distinctions so much as to see if they exist, the better to understand the flight. Forgive me but I persist because it is not easy to get my questions answered. Perhaps I'm not phrasing them well
I asked what military VFR limits were and got three different answers.
I asked some posts ago if int personnel counted as military and received no response until yours, so assumed that they were not or that it was classified info.
It took two or three requests to get an answer to my question as to whether there would be a difference in met criteria/any criteria between a tactical flight, say a troop insertion, and a transit flight carrying civvies (see above).
I am aware of Chinook vibration - I flew them for three years/2000 hrs, invariably at MAUW. However at reduced weights, (say after 10000 lbs of fuel had been burnt), cruise at VNO, 140 knots, was quite practical. I understand the military max is higher than 140 knots hence my query. The aircraft in question was at reduced weight even if not by 10000 lbs
Finally, after four requests, and forgetting for a moment the flight in question, could someone please take pity on an old pilot and tell me what the cloudbase limits are for a military helicopter flying above 140 knots?

Last edited by Boslandew; 28th Nov 2007 at 20:57.