PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use Of AutoPilot in IMC
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 15:16
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry chuck but I don't see your point. If I applied your risk assessment to every flight then I would not leave the ground without at least four of everything including engines.

There was nothing snotty about my post to you, it was in fact one of my more polite responses.

Like I said you have your own limits that you are prepared to operate to and I realise in your eyes my mere few thousand hours count for nothing buy I don't need you to be so judgmental.

I make my choices and mitigate accordingly. I am not sure I would cross the atlantic in a single either, but I am quite happy to cross the English Channel and the Med with appropriate safety precautions in place. The same as I am not prepared to fly in IMC that does not give me a suitable margin of ground vision in the even of an engine failure in a single or a twin for that matter.

I have always valued the experience you offer these forums, but I am not prepared to be bludgeoned or insulted into agreeing with you regardless of the horror stories you want to try and frighten me with. I can add my own equally impressive stories of death and disaster to the mix thanks!