PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DA42 Musings......... (Split from another thread and Merged with older thread)
Old 28th Nov 2007, 14:30
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sternone

1. It is not my favorite,

2. Why use the word stoppages, when the report uses the word shut downs. Do you know the difference between the two?

3. Thielert (note not Diamond) are reported as saying the number of shut downs per hour flown is three times less than other piston engines. Thielert identify the source of the data on which they rely, but the reporters say they have not so far been able to find the same data source. Whether it exists or not we therefore do not know. What the reporters do say is they dont have creditable data from which to make a comparison. That means the reporters at least cannot prove or disprove Thielert's claims.
That seems to me to be a balanced summary of part of the report on whcih you have commented. It is not what you have said.

Back to the more flamboyant school of journalism for you me thinks - you do have a natural ability for it . Always enjoy your posts though.

PS I think you have taught me a few tricks though - I am going to try something.