PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DA42 Musings......... (Split from another thread and Merged with older thread)
Old 28th Nov 2007, 14:18
sternone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The report earlier referred to (which I have read in full) seems to me to be a relatively balanced analysis and the reporters did not reach the conclusion advanced. That would suggest that there is other evidence on which Sternone is relying of which the reporters were either unaware or chose not to include in their analysis or that the conclusion I reached was unjustified.
I think it must be more difficult to admit faults on your favorite or selected plane than on your wife. If Diamond says to Aviation Consumer they had 22 known in flight stoppages then you must admid there is a problem. I cannot post the article in full since i'm a paid subscriber and due to copyright infringements you should pay for your own subscription. I took one due to earlier posts here on PPRune advising me of their unsponsored clean and to the point honest style of writing, they always let positive and negative people about a product or service speak, give their advice, and let the reader himself descide what he thinks about it.

When i read that article, i get confirmed that Diamond's crappy planes even have more crappy engines.. as stated above, for most pilots like me, what diamond promises is amazing, the reality is different, they need to sort out their problems and urgently, or they will loose credibility, i hope sincerely that they succeed in building a bullet proof engine themselfs, let's see what the future gives, but for me, no diamonds... and in this case, diamonds are not a girls best friend, all girls i asked, they all hate that plastic glider look, they really couldn't make a more ugly plane did they ?

So, if you ever end up with a very very good technology Diamond aircraft plane, you still end up with the most ugly duck in the water...