PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow & other Oz offshore pay deals
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 07:20
papa68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHC Aust domicile

Ladies & Gents,

A lot has been spoken of the BHA domicile on this and other threads but it has come to my attention that CHC have had a "rethink" of their domicile policy and the requirement to live in Darwin has (or is about to be) recinded.

This I believe deserves a well deserved pat on the back to CHC for recognising that pilots are people and therefore need to be near their families and friends. A lot is made of the cash side of the house but ultimately money doesn't keep people happy in the same way that staying connected with loved ones does.

This is a SIGNIFICANT improvement in the conditions that CHC pilots will enjoy in the future.

Apparently, the $10,000 / $20,000 Darwin allowance (depending on when you joined) has not attracted the numbers / quality of personnel required for future expansion.

Hopefully this will promote a review of the policy amongst the other companies. If nothing else, recruitment (and retention) would presumably be made a lot easier. I'm sure there would be plenty of suitable applicants applying if they weren't required to move to locations such as Darwin, Perth etc.

Handing over...

P68