PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 28th Nov 2007, 02:19
Pole Vaulter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All sounds very good for the Long Haul people but please think of what is likely to happen in 5 years time. Also I guess the new recruits on the low pay cant have a say at the moment so their feelings will not be known. I guess for many that 5 years will be long enough and you will be ready to give it away anyhow but in the meantime think about working with the new recruits on half of your hourly rate of pay. If QF hires as the have in the past the new ones will be just out of school airheads and will make up the numbers on the flights but how much work will they do and at what level of professionalism. It will be like on Short Haul flights now. You get on board and everyone wants to know if you are contract C or B and despite the best efforts of some of the full timers there is always that feeeling of resentment if you are MAM. It sure wont be the greatest enviorment to be working in. I know it will be said that you had no option to accept it or be decimated but it is a pity a little more thought had not been put into what will happen to those that come after you and what will happen to all the MAM people who rely on their income to survive. With the return of 75% of regional flying to Long Haul and as many MAM rosters mainly consist of regional flights what will happen to them. I guess it is payback time for the Short Haul staff who did the dirty on you over pay rates on the regional flying but over 1000 MAM people had nothing to do with that and they are the most likely to get hurt as well. I guess overall Dixon has got his way by looking after the Long Haul permanent people for 5 years and setting up a low paid F/A workforce but dont be surprised if he has a little else waiting somewhere along the way. I guess he always seems to hold the ace card.