PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it late for...
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 02:16
Airplane Crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends. A lot of airlines in Asia loves guys with engineering backgrounds. Some even hav a technical majoring subject as a requirement. A lot of airline in Asia won't even interview if you study political science or something. So if you wanna fly in Asia I think you are on the right track. If you got the money I say for your flight training go to US. It's the most affordable one. I don't know if it's the best, but it is about as good you need. I don't know anything about trining in UAE. The only advise I got for you is avoid going to places that are new or just started cause you might get stuck with the company not being ready on time for certain things. Specially in Asia some schools will take you saying hey next month we are going full throttle and that next might not come for years.

For flying in western nations such as Canada, US yes airlines definitely like people with engineering backgrounds, but if you have the hours and experience than they absolutely don't care what you studied.