PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 27th Nov 2007, 23:06
radiation junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FAAA made the right decision with this EBA. There is no catch or hidden agenda here. For Qantas, it's a long term cost saving strategy to ensure lower pay for future generations of LH FA's. It is going to take nearly 10 years before Qantas transfoms and their new fleet of "Super Planes" are delivered, so part of that is the time frame for this EBA8. Plus GD and management (all the way down to the lowest office fool with a clipboard and pen allocation) get a bonus payment. Even more for GD when he makes his triumphant exit down the track. But the bonus $$$ will keep flowing for him and his mate PG as their QF Crew hiring company provide crew for Qantas. GD will stick to Qantas like sh*t to a shovel, even when he is long gone as CEO.
Yes, the new B scale crew will slowly overtake the old crew in numbers and maybe the next EBA will not be as kind. The A scale crew will be "OK" while there are still Qantas 747 flying, presumably for the next 5 years and maybe beyond.
For me, yes, it is about me, a more dignified exit from Qantas after, so far, 28 years of loyal service. The opportunity to stay maybe a couple more years, perhaps as Part Time, is appreciated. I am sure VR will be offered on an ongoing basis to dwindle the numbers of "overpaid " even more. Moral high ground or GOD's are not a factor in EBA8.