PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 27th Nov 2007, 20:51
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty Doo……This is the D & G section which if you look at the PPrune definition say’s…

“Dunnunda & Godzone
An independent family of forums covering all aspects of the Australian/NZ aviation scene.”

Scotty I think you should be able to understand that pilots are not the only people that work in aviation….Next time you go to work look around …….

Funbags….The problem with trying to negotiate this EBA is that L/H were white anted by S/H.They offered to do our flying for far less.The S/H union even shares office space with the company that provides cheap casual crew.

Add to that the company setting up bases in AKL,BKK and LHR which with the exception of the LHR crew do the same flights with Australian based cabin Crew for far less money.So we already have two different crew operating on the same aircraft for different pay and conditions which in effect is an ‘A’ and a ‘B’ scale.

I noticed that the tech crew did not object or support Australian Cabin Crew when the company set up these off shore bases whose only purpose was to drive down the T & C’s of Australian based crew.The tech crew did not object when the company insisted that L/H cabin crew operate LAX/JFK/LAX when the tech crew did not.

The tech crew don’t even support each other.Whether that is the 400 crew with the 767 crew or airbus crew and I won’t even bother mentioning the J* crew relations with mainline.

I suspect then that your concern is not really for cabin crew of the future but for the ramifications to your award.

If the tech crew union had allowed the impulse pilots years ago to join then maybe you wouldn’t have the problem you face with J* pay and conditions threatening your own now which is in effect a ‘B’ scale.

However,if you are not happy with what the FAAA has negotiated then what would you have done considering S/H,MAM,the off shore bases etc.. taking your work for a lot less pay.If you could not talk the J* tech crew into rejecting their pay and conditions then how do you suggest cabin Crew could have done anything better.

Your right that the new 'B' scale is for crew in Australia and not for overseas bases but then again so is J* pay and conditions...which in a way you allowed...