PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uni Lecturer Gets Off after Punching Jetstar Crew.
Old 27th Nov 2007, 19:53
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...............obviously the attack was unacceptable as most have indicated in here & so it ought to be. But ponder this...................the person doing the assaulting was a male !!!..............I doubt it very much that the outcome would be what we have here. I believe that punishing someone for such an act is the only way now in our stressfull society but may I put it to the masses here that rather than fining someone here huge amounts (obviously not in this case) or a custodian penalty (that's obviously needed in very serious cases) but rather a recorded conviction that will follow her for the rest of her life. That action will do more harm for an individual than any other lessor penalty making anybody think twice before behaving poorly in public.
Still road rage is now very common place out there & maybe this is a sign 'Air Rage' is becoming part of our busy & hectic lives having an effect on every rational thinking person.

Capt Wally:-)